logo dA mini  faq

I’m aware of a case of animal mistreatment. What should I do?


Animal mistreatment, depending on the severity, is an infracción administrativa (administrative infraction), a falta (misdemeanor) or a delito (crime). Search in the database: “mistreatment” “sanctions/punishment”; “penal code”. You must report the case, directly or through an animal protection society. You may present a written report to the Administration responsible for animals, to the state prosecution or to a judge. You can also go to the commissary so that they take the declaration or advise the public safety corps (Civil Guard – SEPRONA (Servicio De Protección De La Naturaleza – Natural Protection Service) – general or specialized police). In both cases, a report with minutes will be drawn up and, if needed, an official report about the acts, to the responsible Administrative body.

Facebook! Twitter Del.icio.us! Google! Live! Yahoo!

« back